IT Support Jobs and Opportunities
Ireland has become a hot bed of activity for multinational technology firms seeking to set up offices in Ireland. This is good news for jobs and for the future of our economy. It is very evident when one runs a search on the many jobs websites that there is a growing demand within this Tech Sector for IT Customer Support Executives, and IT Technical Support Executives. Employers are seeking individuals who have some technical skills, with communication skills, creative problem solvers, and are comfortable dealing with changing demands. Hi-Tech Trainings’ IT Customer Support course equips participants with the practical “hands-on” skills in demand.
According to ICT Ireland reports the technology sector is thriving, with exports and employment in both indigenous and multinational technology firms continuing to grow. In the last three years over 17,500 jobs have been announced by technology companies and the sector is responsible for 40% of our national exports (€72 billion per annum)
The findings of this study also show that Ireland is home to:
- 10 of the top 10 global technology companies
- 9 of the 10 global software companies
- 3 of the 3 top security software companies
- 3 of the top 3 enterprise software companies
- 4 of the top 5 IT services companies
- The top 10 ‘born on the internet’ companies
The technology sector in Ireland directly employs over 105,000 people, with 75% employed in multinational companies and the remainder in the indigenous digital technology sector.
Sounds great! How do I get involved? Start with Hi-Tech Training City & Guilds IT System Support.
IT Customer Support Course
Hi-Tech Training IT Customer Support Technician course commenced on Jan. 17 2015 and the second offering commences in May 2015 see our course schedule for details. This practical “Hands-On” course equips participants skills relevant to the workplace and the theory required for certification. Participants on successful completion of the course will have the skills and knowledge to: –
- Provide technical information and support in response to customer requirements
- Identify potential improvements in the customers’ use of resources
- Assist in reviews to identify how automated procedures may improve customers’ use of resources
- Create routine automated procedures and assist in the creation of complex automated procedures
Certification on Successful Completion
- City & Guilds of London Institute Customer Support Provision 2 (Examination No. 7267-402). This examination consists of 1 written paper and 1 practical assignment. The qualification can be used as part of the requirement for City & Guilds Diploma in IT Systems Support (7267-24).
- On completion of the Course, having been successful in an examination, the participant will receive a Hi-Tech Training Certificate.
Our IT Courses Computer Maintenance, Computer Networking, IT Customer Support cover these areas and more. Each of our courses are certified and individuals receive a certificate for each successfully completed module. Participants can also build these modules and achieve a Diploma in IT Systems Support awarded by City & Guilds London Institute International.
Check out our Course schedule for our next courses commencing 2015. We accept bookings and payments online for your convenience. If you would like to contact a member of our friendly administration team.