The IT System Support Technician (Online Virtual Classroom) Course will equip candidates with the skills and knowledge to competently carry out routine customer support to a range of Computer users, communicate effectively with support managers, supporting colleagues and external clients.
Duration and Schedule
The Course runs over 5 days next course commencing Saturday 14th January at 10.00 am. View our course schedule click here for fees and booking. Course fee is €800 (€100 Booking Fee + Balance of €700).
Online Virtual Classroom – how it works
The course will be delivered through blended training consisting of 5 virtual classroom sessions with assessments and examinations taking place on the 5th Saturday). During the Online Virtual Classroom sessions, trainees will have a live video feed with their instructor talking to them, doing practical live demonstrations and involved you actively in the learning.
In preparation for this, we plan to have a quick informal online meeting a few days prior to course commencement for about an hour just to make sure that people get connected in properly, let you know what the online virtual classroom will be like and go through any questions you may have. To join the virtual sessions, you will need a PC/Laptop or Tablet with an internet connection. Joining instructions (logon IDs, etc) will be sent before the Informal Induction session.
IT Customer Support Technician equips participants with practical “Hands-On” skills relevant to the workplace and the theory required for certification. Participants on successful completion of the course will have the skills and knowledge to: –
- Provide technical information and support in response to customer requirements
- Identify potential improvements in the customers’ use of resources
- Assist in reviews to identify how automated procedures may improve customers’ use of resources
- Create routine automated procedures and assist in the creation of complex automated procedures
- Providing technical support and effectively responding to a customer’s request
- Identify advantages and disadvantages of different methods of communication with customers. Using open and closed questions, questionnaires, etc. to determine customer requirements.
- Use of Operating Procedures, guides, notes and telephone help-lines.
- Create routine automated procedures and assist in the creation of complex automated procedures. eg. timed back ups and data transfer, scheduled virus and spyware scan, scheduled maintenance (disk scanning, defragmentation, shortcuts and hyperlinks and auto-run applications)
- Utilising call logging software, technical guides and logs, manufacturers’ web sites, CD, DVD, libraries, electronic media, and bulletin boards.
- Monitoring system trends, identifying potential failures, identifying user training needs, identifying weak/unreliable areas in the system and identifying potential improvements.
- Health and Safety regulations and constraints. Data Protection related issues.
- Use of database customer relationship management (CRM), Voice over Internet protocol (VOIP), Remote system access and Instant messaging.
- City & Guilds of London Institute Customer Support Provision 2 (Examination No. 7267-402). This examination consists of 1 written paper and 1 practical assignment. The qualification can be used as part of the requirement for City & Guilds Diploma in IT Systems Support (7267-24).
- On completion of the Course, having been successful in an examination, the participant will receive a Hi-Tech Training Certificate.
Register for your course
Register for a Course on-line Today!
Electronics Equipment Repair 1, Electronics Equipment Repair 2, Digital Electronics, Computer Maintenance, Computer Networking