The Fire Alarm Foundation course is designed to give participants a practical knowledge of the operation and installation of Fire Alarm Systems at a foundation level. During this practical and theory-based course students will gain the skills and knowledge to install and wire up a Fire Alarm Control Panel to typical auxiliary equipment such as Break Glass Units, Smoke Detectors, Heat Detectors, Bells, and Sirens.
Duration and Schedule
The Fire Alarm Foundation course runs over 3 Saturdays commencing on Saturday 13th May and takes place over 3 consecutive Saturdays from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm each Saturday (the first 2 classes are on zoom and the last class in centre). View our schedule for dates and click here for our fees and booking. Course fee is €800 (€100 Booking Fee + Balance of €700).
- Select, prepare and connect cable to associated equipment.
- Be aware of different detection and signalling devices and their uses.
- Wire Standard and Addressable fire control Panels to appropriate detection and signaling devices.
- Have a fundamental knowledge of how to design a system.
- Have a fundamental knowledge of the requirements to commission a system.
- Trouble shoot and test a system.
- Review of electrical circuits, voltage, current, resistance, insulation and conduction.
- Resistor connections, power supplies, relays and associated applications.
- Batteries: – Testing and choosing battery to comply with standard’s requirements.
- Control Panels: – Standard and Analogue addressable control panels. Programming techniques. Panel location.
- Detection devices: – Manual call points, smoke detectors, heat detectors. Detector placement, spacing and mounting heights. Use of smoke and heat detector test equipment.
- Signalling devices: – Bells and Sounders, numbers, types, locations and wiring.
- Auxiliary output connections: – Fire door releases and roof vents.
- Cables: – Types, uses and preparation.
- Standards for Installation of fire alarm equipment.
- System design: – Protecting life or property?
- Trouble shooting, Testing and Commissioning installations.
On completion of the Course, having been successful in TWO examinations
- One Written
- One practical
successful participants will receive a Hi-Tech Training Certificate.
Register for your course