Electronics Equipment Repair 2 (Online Virtual Classroom) is a follow-on course to Electronic Equipment Repair 1. This course builds on the skills gained and enables participants to build, test and fault-find more complex Analogue Electronic circuits.
Next Course commences on Tuesday 21st March at 7.00 pm. and takes place from 7.00pm – 10.00pm every Tuesday and Thursday for the duration of the 5-week Course. Course fee is €800 (€100 Booking Fee + Balance of €700).
Visit our course calendar for timetable, Fees and how to make to booking.
Online Virtual Classroom – how it works
The course will be delivered through blended training consisting of 10 Online Virtual Classroom sessions with assessments and examinations (multiple choice for City & Guilds and written for H-Tech Training taking place on the last day). During the Online Virtual Classroom sessions, trainees will have a live video feed with their instructor talking to them, doing practical live demonstrations on equipment shipped to you and involving you actively in the learning.
We will send out a practical kit so that trainees can complete assignments and practical work at home. The kit consists of breadboard, multimeter, battery, cables, connectors, components including resistors, diodes (rectifier and zener), capacitors, bridge rectifier, fuses, Relays, LEDs, Transistors, LDRs, etc.. Trainees will build various projects as part of the course. The kit forms an integral part of the course, so full course fees need to be paid at last 7 days prior to course commencement to allow time to ship the kit in time for the course.
In preparation for this, we plan to have a quick informal online meeting a few days prior to course commencement for about an hour just to make sure that people get connected in properly, let you know what the online virtual classroom will be like and go through any questions you may have. To join the virtual sessions, you will need a PC/Laptop or Tablet with an internet connection. Joining instructions (logon IDs, etc) will be sent before the Informal Induction session.
Electronics Equipment Repair 2 equips participants with practical “Hands-On” skills relevant to the workplace and the theory required for certification. Participants on successful completion of the course will have the skills and knowledge to:
- Work with a wide range complex Analogue Electronic Circuits, Components and Test Equipment
- Analyse and diagnose faults in electronic circuits
- Use electronic test equipment including, Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, and Sweep Generators.
- Analysing, building and faultfinding the following circuits: – Power supplies, amplifiers, switching, protection, filtering, etc.
- Test Equipment: – Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Function Generators and Sweep Generators, etc.
- Sourcing component packaging data, assembly and ESD precautions on discrete and integrated components and equipment.
- Components and associated circuitry: – Resistors, Capacitors, Diodes (signal, power, zener), Transistors (NPN and PNP), Relays, operational amplifier circuits etc. Associated Formulae, Graphs and Arithmetic.
- Power Supplies: – Transformers: – types and uses, half wave rectifier and full wave bridge rectifier. Smoothing, filtering and regulating techniques.
- Voltage regulators – Discrete and Integrated (SIL and DIL). Heat sinks for high power components. Battery charger function and modes.
- Health & Safety, Care of Tools and instruments for assembly and repair.
- City & Guilds of London Institute Electronic Devices and Testing (Examination No. 7267-423). This examination consists of 1 written paper and 4 practical assignments. The qualification can be used as part of the requirement for City & Guilds Diploma in IT Systems Support (7267-24).
- On completion of the Course, having been successful in an examination, the participant will receive a Hi-Tech Training Certificate.
Register for your course
Register for a Course on-line Today!
Electronics Equipment Repair 1, Digital Electronics, IT Customer Support, Computer Maintenance, Computer Networking