Digital, Text & Voice Communicators Course
Digital, Text & Voice Communicators
The Hi-Tech Training Digital Text & Voice Communicator Course is designed to provide participants with the skills required to connect Digital, Text & Voice Communicators to an Alarm Control Panel for transmission of Digital status signals via the telephone line, GSM Network or IP network to a central monitoring station.
The Digital Communicator Course’s practical application and our highly experienced trainers ensure that this course is second to none. The course is technical and practical in nature and is suitable for participants who have successfully completed the Hi-Tech Training Intruder Alarm Installation Course or equivalent.
Duration and Schedule
Digital Text & Voice Communicator Course runs over 1 day. The next course commences on Saturday 13th April at 10.00am.
A payment of €100 secures your place on your chosen course. The balance of the course fees of €150 can be paid shortly before course commencement.
Online Virtual Classroom – how it works?
We will send out a practical kit so that trainees can complete assignments and practical work at home. The kit is the property of Hi-Tech Training and will be returned to Hi-Tech Training on the last day of the course.
(The kits may also be purchased by the learner….see the Kits Page Link for more details).
The kit consists of Digital Communicator, WIFI Card, Cables, Multimeter, Connectors. Trainees will build various projects as part of the course.
The kit forms an integral part of the course, so full course fees need to be paid at least 7 days prior to course commencement to allow time to ship the kit in time for the course.
* If attending the course from outside of Ireland the course will be streamed live and delivered through blended learning consisting of 1 virtual 6-hour classroom session via zoom. As a result, the practical training kit must be purchased via our online shop in time for delivery before course commencement. The equipment will then remain the property of the trainee.
In preparation for each course, we have a quick informal free 1 hr online meeting approx. 7 days prior to course commencement, to make sure that trainees get connected through Zoom properly, let them know what the virtual classroom will be like and go through any questions they may have. To join the virtual sessions, you will need a PC/Laptop or Tablet with an internet connection. Joining instructions (login IDs, etc.) will be sent before the Informal Induction session.
- Connect and programme a Digital Communicator.
- Connect and programme a Text (SMS) Communicator.
- Connect and programme a Voice Communicator.
- Be aware of regulatory requirements and communication protocols.
- Be aware of design considerations for alarm installations using digital communicators.
- Review of the microprocessor control panel.
- The Digital Communicator – Slow and fast formats.
- Digital, Text and Voice Communicator triggering methods.
- Connecting and programming the Communicators.
- IS 228 requirements for monitoring stations and Digital Communicators.
- Stand Alone and Integrated Communicators. Communication protocols.
- Garda Response Policy, Verification Technology and EN50131 requirements.
- Central Stations’ verification of alarm signals.
- Specific design considerations for alarm systems using Digital Text & Voice Communicator.
QQI Award Options
In order to meet the QQI syllabus requirements for the Intruder Alarm and Access Control QQI Level 5 Component Award – 5N1776, participants must successfully complete the following 3 Hi-Tech Training Courses: –
Note: - To achieve a QQI Qualification a Valid Irish PPSN or UK National Insurance Number is required
- A Certificate of course completion will be issued to participants who have fully attended the course.
Please note: This course can be used as one of the elements leading to QQI – Level 5 Component Award – Intruder Alarm & Access Control (5N1776).
The Digital, Text & Voice Communicators Course requires BOOKING FEE + COURSE BALANCE FEE + TRAINING KIT!