This Digital Electronics Course is designed to give a practical knowledge of the type of electronic circuitry used in a modern Computer System or in any type of Computer Controlled equipment such as Photocopiers, Cash Registers, Tablets, mobile phones and many other types of IT equipment. Digital Electronics involves the use of Silicon chips (Integrated Circuits). The internal structure of a computer is to a large extent comprised of Digital Electronic Circuits.
Duration and Schedule
This Digital Electronics Course runs over 5 days with the next course commencing on Saturday 29th May at 10.00 am.
The course will be delivered through blended training consisting of 5 virtual classroom sessions including assessments and examinations (multiple choice for City & Guilds and written for H-Tech Training). (Trainees will have a live video feed with their instructor talking to them, doing practical live demonstrations on equipment being involved actively in the learning).
We will send out a practical kit so that trainees can complete assignments and practical work at home. The kit consists of breadboard, multimeter, oscilloscope, battery and connectors, components including resistors, LEDs and ICs. Trainees will build various projects as part of the course. The kit will remain the property of the participant (please contact us for details of training kit cost). The kit forms an integral part of the course, so full course fees need to be paid at last 10 days prior to course commencement to allow time to ship the kit in time for the course.
In preparation for this, we plan to have a quick informal free online meeting on for about an hour just to make sure that people get connected in through Zoom properly, let them know what the virtual classroom will be like and go through any questions they may have. To join the virtual sessions, you will need a PC/Laptop or Tablet with an internet connection. Joining instructions (logon IDs, etc) will be sent before the Informal Induction session. Please let us know by email if you are available to attend the free sessions as this is an ideal opportunity for you to learn about attending the course and completing the assessments to obtain the certificates.
This course equips participants with practical “Hands-on” skills relevant to the workplace and the theory required for certification. Participants can expect to have the skills to: –
- Build and fault-finding a range of Digital Electronic circuits used in computers and computer controlled equipment
- Use test equipment including Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, logic probes and pulsers to implement systematic fault-finding techniques.
- Study and use of popular Digital Electronic gates and more advanced circuits
- Introduction to Electronics: – Electric Current, OHMS Law, Insulation, Conduction and related Formulae. Resistor colour codes.
- Practical study of Digital I.C.s including AND, NAND, OR, NOR, X-OR, X-NOR, Inverter, Buffer, SR Latches and D-Latches and Flip-Flops.
- Oscillators, Multivibrators and 555 Timers. Switches and Switch De-bounce circuits and their applications.
- Numbering systems, TTL and CMOS technologies
- Counters, Counter Decoding Circuitry, Shift Registers
- A-D and D-A converters
- Digital Displays: – LED and LCD, numeric and alphanumeric, operating currents, voltages and power requirements. Display decoders and drivers.
- Test Equipment: – Practical use of Analogue and Digital Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Logic probes, Logic Pulsers, etc.
- Fault-finding techniques: – Diagnosing and rectifying faults on circuits built during course.
- Health & Safety, Care of Tools and instruments for assembly and repair
- City & Guilds of London Institute Digital Electronics 2 (Examination No. 7267-425). This examination consists of 1 written paper and 4 practical assignments. The qualification can be used as part of the requirement for City & Guilds Diploma in IT Systems Support (7267-24).
- On completion of the Course, having been successful in an examination, the participant will receive a Hi-Tech Training Certificate.
Register for your course