Digital CCTV and Remote Access
The Digital CCTV & Remote Access course is designed to give participants a practical knowledge of integrating Analogue and Digital technologies in addition to access and control from remote locations such as laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
Duration and Schedule
The Digital CCTV & Remote Access course runs over 3 Saturdays, next course commencing on Saturday 11th March, 2023 at 10.00 am. Course fee is €800 (€100 Booking Fee + Balance of €700). View our course schedule and visit our method of payment for fees and booking.
- Understand the fundamental elements that make up a Digital CCTV System.
- Understand how to integrate Analogue with Digital technologies.
- Set up IP, wireless and Covert cameras.
- Configure an IP controlled telemetry systems.
- Access and control CCTV from remote locations.
- Set-up an IP/Network solution for CCTV.
- Set-up and programme digital recording devices.
- Keep updated with latest standards and changing technology.
- Digital CCTV Systems: – Introduction and uses. Core elements of a system.
- Integrating Analogue with Digital technology.
- Cameras: – IP Cameras, Covert cameras, wireless systems.
- Telemetry systems: – IP Controlled Pan, Tilt and Zoom controls, setting up presets.
- Accessing images from remote locations: – CCTV monitoring and control
- over LAN/ WAN/ Internet.
- Transmission of video signals: – Cable, Fibre-Optic and IP.
- IP Technology, LAN, WAN and network principles.
- Personal Computer principles.
- Integrating CCTV with existing Computer network.
- Setting up IP/Network solutions.
- IP Video Encoders, Video Compression techniques.
- Recording technology: – DVR’s, Network Video Recorders (NVR), Setting up and Programming recording devices.
- CCTV Standards, legislative and ethical issues.
- Keeping up with latest industry developments.
- On completion of the Digital CCTV & Remote Access Course, having been successful in TWO examinations (one written, one practical) the participant will receive a Hi-Tech Training Certificate
- This course can be used as one of the elements leading to the CCTV & Lighting FETAC/QQI Level Component Award – 5N1771
Register for your course