The SECURITY+ course equips participants with practical “Hands-on” skills relevant to the workplace and the theory required for certification
The CompTIA SECURITY+ Course is designed to provide trainees with the baseline skills necessary to perform core security IT functions.
Duration and Schedule
The course runs over 5 days… The next course commencing on Friday 15th September at 10.00 am.
A payment of €100 secures your place on your chosen course. The balance of the course fees can be paid shortly before course commencement.
Online Virtual Classroom – how it works?
The course will be delivered through blended training consisting of 5 Online Virtual Classroom sessions. During the Online Virtual Classroom sessions, you will have a live video feed you’re your instructor talking to you, doing practical live demonstrations and facilitating your participation with them in the live interactive Lab through the Online Platform.
Labs Overview: -
The experience you gain from our virtual live labs accelerates skills development and is unlike any other online training – it is live (not simulated). While, in today's world, that might currently be a distant dream, you can still gain hands-on practical work experience using our live technology instead.
Through individual logins, the labs provide access to real hardware through the Online Platform to: -
- Carry out many different IT tasks
- Develop and Practice Skills required in the real world of Technical IT
- Build your Skill Levels and Confidence
- Practice your Digital and IT skills within a safe, live-lab environment.
- Provide step-by-step exercises to complete each module
In preparation for this, we plan to have a quick informal online meeting a few days before course commencement for about an hour just to make sure that people get connected properly, let you know what the online virtual classroom and interactive labs will be like and go through any questions you may have. To join the virtual sessions, you will need a PC/Laptop or Tablet with an internet connection. Joining instructions (login IDs, etc) will be sent before the Informal Induction session.
- The SECURITY+ course equips participants with practical “Hands-on” skills relevant to the workplace and the theory required for certification. On successful completion of the course, participants will have the skills and knowledge to: -
- Have the skills needed by a successful computer security technician.
- Provide the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions to identify and address security threats, attacks and vulnerabilities.
- Assess the security posture of an enterprise environment and recommend and implement appropriate security solutions; monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, and IoT; operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies, including principles of governance, risk, and compliance; identify, analyze, and respond to security events and incidents
- Earn the Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) SECURITY+ certification
- Risk management
- Authentication and authorization
- Host, LAN, and application security
- Wireless, cloud, and mobile security
- Environmental security and controls
- Social Engineering Methods
- Type of Attack Indicators
- Application Attack Indicators
- Network Attack Indicators
- Threat Actors, Vectors, and Intelligence Sources
- Security Assessments
- Penetration Testing
- Enterprise Security Architecture
- Virtualization and Cloud Security
- Authentication and Authorization
- Cybersecurity Resilience
- Embedded and Specialized Systems
- Physical Security Controls
- Cryptographic Concepts
- Secure Protocols
- Host and Application Security
- Secure Network Design
- Wireless Security
- Secure Mobile Solutions
- Implementing Cloud Security
- Identity and Account Management Controls
- Implement Authentication and Authorization
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Tools/Assess Organizational Security
- Incident Response Policies, Processes, and Procedures
- Mitigation Techniques and Controls
- Digital Forensics
- Security Controls
- Regulations, Standards, and Frameworks
- Organizational Policies
- Risk Management
CompTIA SECURITY+ Certificate on successfully completing 1 written examination1 CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601)). Maximum of 90 questions per exam. Candidates must register for and pay for examinations separately from the course. Types of questions include Multiple choice questions (single and multiple responses) and performance-based (candidate’s ability to solve problems in a simulated environment).
Tests can be booked through Testing Centers or Online Testing. We recommend that if possible you would use a Testing Centre. Certification is valid for 3 years and the candidate then need to become recertified
Jobs that use Security+
- Security Administrator
- Systems Administrator
- Helpdesk Manager / Analyst
- Network / Cloud Engineer
- Security Engineer / Analyst
- DevOps / Software Developer
- IT Auditors
- IT Project Manager
The CompTIA Security+ Course requires BOOKING FEE + COURSE BALANCE FEE!