The Alarm Installation course is designed to teach participants how to install an intruder alarm system in domestic, commercial or industrial premises. The course simulates the practical installation of many different alarm control panels. The course is designed to equip students with the skills and expertise to competently install a wide variety of Alarm systems on the market. Our expert tuition and many years experience will ensure that Students will gain an in-depth knowledge and practical application of Control Panels, Strobe lights, sirens, reed contacts, inertia sensors, infra-red detectors, Self Activating Bell units and much more. This practical work largely contributes to the course’s high credibility.
Duration and Schedule
Online Virtual Classroom – how it works
The course will be delivered through blended training consisting of 4 virtual classroom sessions with assessments and examinations taking place on the 5th Saturday. During the Online Virtual Classroom sessions, trainees will have a live video feed with their instructor talking to them, doing practical live demonstrations on equipment shipped to you and involved you actively in the learning.
We will send out a practical kit so that trainees can complete assignments and practical work at home. The kit consists of Alarm Control Panel, Magnetic reed contacts, inertia shock sensors, personal attack button, pressure mat, motion detector, siren, strobe light, self-activating bell (S.A.B.), remote keypad, multimeter, connectors, components including resistors, fuses and security cable, etc. Trainees will build various projects as part of the course. The kit forms an integral part of the course, so full course fees need to be paid at last 5 days prior to course commencement to allow time to ship the kit in time for the course.
In preparation for this, we plan to have a quick informal online meeting on Tuesday 29th September at 7.00 pm for about an hour just to make sure that people get connected in properly, let you know what the online virtual classroom will be like and go through any questions you may have. To join the virtual sessions, you will need a PC/Laptop or Tablet with an internet connection. Joining instructions (logon IDs, etc) will be sent before the Informal Induction session.
Schedule is as follows: –
Tuesday 29th September 7.00 pm – 8.00 pm Informal Induction…Introduction to the virtual classrooms, outline how the training will be delivered and answer any questions you may have.
Saturday 3rd October 10.00 am – 5.00 pm Online Course conducted through online virtual classroom sessions.
Saturday 10th October 10.00 am – 5.00 pm Online Course conducted through online virtual classroom sessions.
Saturday 17th October 10.00 am – 5.00 pm Online Course conducted through online virtual classroom sessions.
Saturday 24th October 10.00 am – 5.00 pm Online Course conducted through online virtual classroom sessions.
Saturday 31st October 10.00 am – 5.00 pm Classroom Course…additional practical element of Course and Written examinations at our centre.
In order to simulate a practical installation in a building, each participant will wire up a number of different Alarm Control Panels to typical auxiliary equipment such as strobe lights, sirens, reed contacts, inertia sensors, infra-red detectors, Self Activating Bell units, etc.
- Understand basic electrical theory including OHM’s Law and associated series and parallel circuits.
- Select battery to comply with EN50131 standards requirements.
- Wire the alarm control panel to an assortment of detection and signalling devices.
- Wire remote keypads to the alarm control panel.
- Program the essential elements of a system.
- Know different zone types and their uses.
- Programme and setup Hardwired, Wireless and Hybrid systems
- Trouble shoot and test a system.
- Introduction to electrical circuits, current, resistance, insulation and conduction.
- Ohm’s law. Basic circuits analysis. Fuses and trip Switches. Wiring techniques.
- Batteries: – Testing and choosing battery to comply with standard’s requirements.
- Control panels: – Standard, Wireless and Hybrid systems. General operation. Local and remote keypads. Programming techniques and use of engineer event log.
- Zones: – Alarm, tamper, exit/entry, access, personal attack, exit/entry delay, etc.
- Detection devices: – Magnetic reed contacts, pressure mats, personal attack buttons, inertia shock sensors, analysing devices, infrared detectors, microwave detectors, hybrid detectors.
- Signalling devices: – Siren, bell, strobe light, exit/entry buzzer & Self-activating bell (S.A.B.)
- Introduction to Security lighting, Digital, Text and Voice Communicators and CCTV.
- European EN50131 recommended standard for Installation of security alarm equipment.
- Trouble shooting: – use of digital multimeter, how to “walk-test” and “soak-test” zones.
- Marketing and selling your product – hints and tips.
- One written exam – based on the theory of Alarm Installation
- One practical exam – Programming and Wiring a full Alarm system.
On successful passing of both exams participants will receive a Hi-Tech Training Certificate.
Register for your course