Alarm Installation Course Online
Alarm Installation Course
The Alarm Installation course is designed to teach participants how to install an intruder alarm system in domestic, commercial or industrial premises. The course simulates the practical installation of many different alarm control panels. The course is designed to equip students with the skills and expertise to competently install a wide variety of Alarm systems on the market.
Our expert tuition and many years of experience will ensure that Students will gain in-depth knowledge and practical application of Control Panels, Strobe lights, sirens, reed contacts, inertia sensors, infra-red detectors, Self Activating Bell units and much more. This practical work largely contributes to the course’s high credibility.
*Learn from your own home, office or workshop…equipment shipped to you for lab work and supported with interactive zoom classes where you talk and interact live with your instructor.
Duration and Schedule
The next course commences on Tuesday 5th March at 7.00 pm. and takes place from 7.00pm – 10.00pm every Tuesday and Thursday for the duration of the 5-week Course.
A payment of €100 secures your place. The balance of the course fees of €700 can be paid shortly before course commencement.
Online Virtual Classroom – how it works?
The course will be delivered through blended training consisting of 9 online virtual classroom sessions. The 10th and final session will involve the additional practical work for the course as well as the written examination and practical assessments which will take place at our training centre at 43 North Great Georges Street, Dublin 1 (completed online for non ROI learners).
During the virtual classroom sessions, Trainees will have a live video feed with their instructor talking to them, doing practical live demonstrations on equipment being involved actively in the learning.
We will send out a practical kit so that trainees can complete assignments and practical work at home. The kit is the property of Hi-Tech Training and will be returned to Hi-Tech Training on the last day of the course.
(The kits may also be purchased by the learner….see the Kits Page Link for more details).
The kit consists of Alarm Control Panel, Magnetic reed contacts, inertia shock sensors, personal attack button, pressure mat, motion detector, siren, strobe light, self-activating bell (S.A.B.), remote keypad, multimeter, connectors, components including resistors, fuses and security cable, etc. Trainees will build various projects as part of the course.
The kit forms an integral part of the course, so full course fees need to be paid at least 7 days prior to course commencement to allow time to ship the kit in time for the course.
If attending the course from outside of Ireland, all sessions will take place
online via zoom and the course practical training kit must be purchased via
our online shop in time for delivery before course commencement. The
equipment will then remain the property of the trainee.
In order to simulate a practical installation in a building, each participant will wire up a number of different Alarm Control Panels to typical auxiliary equipment such as strobe lights, sirens, reed contacts, inertia sensors, infra-red detectors, Self Activating Bell units, etc.
- Understand basic electrical theory including OHM’s Law and associated series and parallel circuits.
- Select battery to comply with EN50131 standards requirements.
- Wire the alarm control panel to an assortment of detection and signalling devices.
- Wire remote keypads to the alarm control panel.
- Program the essential elements of a system.
- Know different zone types and their uses.
- Programme and setup Hardwired, Wireless and Hybrid systems
- Troubleshoot and test a system.
- Introduction to electrical circuits, current, resistance, insulation and conduction.
- Ohm’s law. Basic circuits analysis. Fuses and trip Switches. Wiring techniques.
- Batteries: – Testing and choosing batteries to comply with standard’s requirements.
- Control panels: – Standard, Wireless and Hybrid systems. General operation. Local and remote keypads. Programming techniques and use of engineer event log.
- Zones: – Alarm, tamper, exit/entry, access, personal attack, exit/entry delay, etc.
- Detection devices: – Magnetic reed contacts, pressure mats, personal attack buttons, inertia shock sensors, analysing devices, infrared detectors, microwave detectors, hybrid detectors.
- Signalling devices: – Siren, bell, strobe light, exit/entry buzzer & Self-activating bell (S.A.B.)
- Introduction to Security lighting, Digital, Text and Voice Communicators and CCTV.
- European EN50131 recommended standard for Installation of security alarm equipment.
- Troubleshooting: – use of a digital multimeter, how to “walk-test” and “soak-test” zones.
- Marketing and selling your product – hints and tips.
On completion of the Course, participants are required to sit TWO examinations
- One written exam – based on the theory of Alarm Installation
- One practical exam – Programming and Wiring a full Alarm system.
On successful passing of both assessments, participants will receive a Hi-Tech Training Certificate.
Note: - To achieve a QQI Qualification a Valid Irish PPSN or UK National Insurance Number is required
On successful completion of these courses, participants may undertake a QQI examination facilitated by Hi-Tech Training and on successful completion of the same become eligible to receive the QQI National Award – Intruder Alarm and Access Control QQI Level 5 Component Award – 5N1776. This award can be used as one of the criteria for membership of the Security Institute of Ireland.
The Alarm Installation Course requires BOOKING FEE + COURSE BALANCE FEE + TRAINING KIT!