Electronics Equipment Repair 2 is a follow on course to Electronic Equipment Repair 1. This course builds on the skills gained and enables participants to build, test and fault-find more complex Analogue Electronic circuits.
Electronics Equipment Repair 2 equips participants with practical “Hands-On” skills relevant to the workplace and the theory required for certification. Participants on successful completion of the course will have the skills and knowledge to:
- Work with a wide range complex Analogue Electronic Circuits, Components and Test Equipment
- Analyse and diagnose faults in electronic circuits
- Use electronic test equipment including, Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, and Sweep Generators.
- Analysing, building and faultfinding the following circuits: – Power supplies, amplifiers, switching, protection, filtering, etc.
- Test Equipment: – Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Function Generators and Sweep Generators, etc.
- Sourcing component packaging data, assembly and ESD precautions on discrete and integrated components and equipment.
- Components and associated circuitry: – Resistors, Capacitors, Diodes (signal, power, zener), Transistors (NPN and PNP), Relays, operational amplifier circuits etc. Associated Formulae, Graphs and Arithmetic.
- Power Supplies: – Transformers: – types and uses, half wave rectifier and full wave bridge rectifier. Smoothing, filtering and regulating techniques.
- Voltage regulators – Discrete and Integrated (SIL and DIL). Heat sinks for high power components. Battery charger function and modes.
- Health & Safety, Care of Tools and instruments for assembly and repair.
- City & Guilds of London Institute Electronic Devices and Testing (Examination No. 7267-423). This examination consists of 1 written paper and 4 practical assignments. The qualification can be used as part of the requirement for City & Guilds Diploma in IT Systems Support (7267-24).
- On completion of the Course, having been successful in an examination, the participant will receive a Hi-Tech Training Certificate.
Register for your course