This foundation Electronic Equipment Repair course is designed for participants of all skill levels. The aim of the course is to enable participants to build, test and fault-find Analogue Electronic circuits at introductory level.
Duration and Schedule
Electronics Equipment Repair 1 equips participants with practical “Hands-On” skills relevant to the workplace and the theory required for certification. Participants on successful completion of the course will have the skills and knowledge to:
- Demonstrate the operation of a wide range of electronic components and circuits and their applications in modern electronic based equipment such as amplifiers, Hi-Fi systems, stereos, and control systems
- Construct, test and faultfind the following popular basic circuits: Power supplies, amplifiers, timers, etc.
- Become competent in the correct use of electronic test and measurement equipment such as Analogue and Digital Multimeter and Oscilloscopes.
- Introduction to Electronics: – Electric Current, OHMS Law, Insulation, Conduction and related formulae. Resistor and capacitor colour codes.
- Practical uses of commonly used components e.g. Cables, connectors, fuses, batteries, resistors, capacitors, diodes, LED’s, transformers, etc.
- Construction, testing and faultfinding the following popular basic circuits: – Power supplies, amplifiers, timers, etc.
- Test Equipment: Analogue and Digital Multimeters and Oscilloscopes.
- PCB’s: – Types and Construction. Assembling devices on breadboard and prepared PCB. Soldering and De-Soldering Techniques. Use of solder wick and suckers.
- Health & Safety, Care of Tools and instruments for assembly and repair.
- City & Guilds of London Institute Technology, Components and Circuits (Examination No. 7267-421). This examination consists of 1 written paper and 5 practical assignments. The qualification can be used as part of the requirement for City & Guilds Diploma in IT Systems Support (7267-24).
- On completion of the Course, having been successful in an examination, the participant will receive a Hi-Tech Training Certificate.
Register for your course