Computer Networking course is designed to enable participants to install, configure and test a fundamental computer network. The opportunities for employment within the area of network support are enormous as businesses continue to grow and utilise the new technology available to them. This is a vital role to ensure the smooth running of businesses reliant on their network and IT systems. This course provides learners with both the practical and theoretical knowledge of networks. During the course, participants will learn about the different components used to create a network including hardware, software and topologies.
Duration and Schedule
Computer Networking Course equips participants with practical “Hands-on” skills relevant to the workplace and the theory required for certification. Participants on successful completion of the course will have the skills and knowledge to: –
- Identify network concepts and terminology
- Identify components that make up a network
- Install, configure and test a network
- Use and control a local area network
- Network features, hardware and software components.
- Network topologies, technologies and communication protocols.
- Peer-to-peer and server based networks including: – servers, clients, peers, shared resources, operating systems, administration, security, central support systems.
- OSI layers (Open Systems Interconnection), MAC address, sub-netting.
- Internet access technologies: – DSL, Broadband (ADSL), PSTN (dial-up), Satellite, Wireless.
- Selecting cable or wireless systems for connection.
- Hardware components for a peer-to-peer network including: – interface cards, hubs/switches, cables, connectors, tools and anti-static equipment.
- Connecting network printers.
- Virus protection, firewalls and passwords, security measures, file management and access rights.
- Testing networks, resolving routine problems associated with installation
- City & Guilds of London Institute “Install, Configure and Test ICT Networks” (Examination No. 7266/7267-408). This examination consists of 2 practical assignments. The qualification can be used as part of the requirement for City & Guilds Diploma in IT Systems Support (7267-24).
- On completion of the Course, having been successful in an examination, the participant will receive a Hi-Tech Training Certificate.
Register for your course